Saturday, May 23, 2009

About @beforethedoor



I'm being followed by @beforethedoor on Twitter and feel the need to say why: the account was mine and I set it to follow me.

Before The Door (www.beforethedoor.com) is a production company founded by Corey Moosa, Neal Dodson and Zachary Quinto, Carnegie Mellon buddies, in the business of movie making and culture shaking. I'm not related in any way whatsoever to that production company or their partners aside from being a huge fan of ZQ's work (and his eyebrows, of course).

Last April I checked to see if they were already on Twitter. Once they weren't yet, I openned the account @beforethedoor and kept it quiet, without updates, without "movement".

Last Thursday I checked the e-mail account where I registered @beforethedoor to and found out I was suddenly being followed by many. One of them was ZQ's account. Right away I sent him a DM explaining @beforethedoor was his at his request and I'd directly send the password when he asked for it. Five minutes later I got a DM from him (YAY!!!!) being very polite.

Obviously I send the password imediately and I guess the guys didn't have the heart to stop following me and that's why I'm still on their list.

I wasn't going to tell anybody (brag) about receiving DM from ZQ but suddenly people are following me just because @beforethedoor is too and I don't want anybody to be misled about it. Just keeping it real.

They're nice, polite and generous guys, really, and I wish them and their business all success in this Galaxy.

1 comment:

Ms. Genie said...

It's wonderful that you had the forsight to do something nice for someone else that was 'just around the bend' so to speak. I've enjoyed reading through your blog - there are some similarties between you and I. Now if I could only keep up with my own blog! It's been about a month - need to get to it!