Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Star Trek - a new begining


Last friday I saw Star Trek on its opening day. OMFG! It was fascinating. The movie is really, really good. So good I actually went for another round last Sunday, just 2 days after, and I'm going to see it again at least once in a movie theatre.
I'm 60's born but I'm a 70's child that was raised watching Star Trek reruns from the crib on. Being able to watch Star Trek and enjoy it again means the world to me.
A very important aspect is Spock, his indiference, distance and detachment were always reference in my mind. I have always admired logic over passion. He's been even an aesthetic model for my interests. Actually, Spock has so huge a rip in my likings that somehow I managed to love Zachary Quinto way before I knew he was going to be next Spock. I guess I got the SPOCK VIBE from him; he was really the right choice.


2 comments:

Mandarim said...

duas vezes o mesmo filme no mesmo final de semana??? Isso é que é gostar do ZQ...!

Beijo!

Mandarim said...

The non-english speakers needs to read your blog, too... Like me...! hehehehe!

kisses!

(PS.: nunca publiquei algo que saísse da minha cabecinha oca em inglês antes...!)